Travis A. Gagnier, ATTORNEY AT LAW
Welcome to deMers & Gagnier, Inc. We offer experienced, quality legal representation in a variety of legal matters to residents of Washington, including King and Pierce Counties. While many of our clients come to us with bankruptcy matters, we also assist them with estates, wills, probate, estate administration and personal injury. Regardless of the issue that brings a client to us, we handle every matter thoroughly and with a personal touch.
The Chapter You Choose Will Determine the Next Chapter of Your Life
Bankruptcy does not leave you with nothing. In both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy we can protect:
- Motor vehicles, up to a certain value;
- Reasonably necessary clothing;
- Reasonably necessary household goods and furnishings;
- Household appliances;
- Jewelry, up to a certain value;
- A portion of the equity in the debtor’s home;
- Tools of the debtor’s trade or profession, up to a certain value;
- A portion of unpaid by earned wages;
- Public benefits, including public assistance (welfare), Social Security, and unemployment compensation, accumulated in a bank account; and
- Damages awarded for personal injury.
Chapter 7 liquidation may be the best option if:
- You have little property except for the basic necessities like furniture and clothing.
- You have little or no money left after paying basic expenses each month – or you’re not even meeting basic expenses.
- You could lose you home.
- Your credit score will be seriously impacted for 10 years.
Chapter 13 has advantages if:
- You have a steady income
- You have significant equity in a home or other property and you want to keep it.
- You could keep your home.
- Your credit score will be impacted less, for a shorter period of time.
- You can keep most of your property while spreading out time to pay past due accounts.
- You’ll have 3 – 5 years to catch up delinquent accounts according to a schedule that you and the bankruptcy trustee have agreed is workable for you.
- You’ll make one monthly payment to the bankruptcy trustee for distribution – you’ll have no direct contact with creditors during the protection period of 3 – 5 years.
We have years of experience in Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings. Contact us today, we are here to help you!
Remove/Strip Off and Discharge Your Second Mortgage and
Get Back Within Striking Distance of Having Home Equity Again
We may be able to assist you in removing/stripping your second or later mortgages from your home. With the unfortunate recent decline in home values, many second mortgages can now be removed during a Chapter 13 proceeding. We have helped over 170 people remove second and later mortgages from their homes in the last three years. Stripping a mortgage puts you back in striking distance of having equity in your home and relieves you from the payments on the lien. It often makes the difference of whether it makes sense to keep your home and whether the home is affordable. Call us now for more information!
We Can Help With Loan Modification and Mediation
We Can Help You Request Loan Modification and Mediation Under the new Foreclosure Fairness Act. On July 22, 2011, the Foreclosure Fairness Act to effect. Under the law, you can now require, under most circumstances, that the mortgage company meet with you in person, provide you an accounting and loan documents and participate in a mediation with a mediator appointed by the State of Washington. We can help you put together the documents and proposal for the bank to present to it before and during a mediation. The sooner you start on the modification process, the better, as it is a drawn out, frustrating process to endure without professional assistance. Please call for a free consultation with Mr. Gagnier!